I want to start packing, but….

Dear Universe,

Three weeks from today we will be on our way to the US for a visit.  It is time for me to start making epic lists of what to pack, what to bring back, what to buy and to get a little drunk with power over at Amazon.com. I want to pull the suitcases from storage and get cracking.

But how can I figure out what to pack when it’s SNOWING in BOSTON on APRIL FIRST????  Today marks the start of baseball season…you know, that game we play outside without snow?  Do I pack shorts, jeans, snowshoes?  WHAT????

Please, just….stop it…just…stop.

I’m begging you…I can only take so much before my head explodes.

Much love,

The Expat Bostonians

***************

For my non-US friends.  By April first (with only one exception that I can recall, and it was over 10 years ago) snow is a thing of the past in Boston by April first.  Today my parent’s house is predicted to receive ten freaking inches of snow.  It’s usually in the 40’s/50’s, not the 20’s.  This is WAY abnormal weather.

This entry was posted in Travel, US. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to I want to start packing, but….

1. kirsten says:

There is abnormal weather everything, which is mind-boggling. It’s cold in THAILAND, and crazy floods in the south. What the heck!

Global warming…the climate change is unbelievable when I compare it to 20-25 years ago when I was a kid

Yay global warming. For the record, it didn’t get much below freezing, and at least here, while a few inches accumulated by the morning, by the afternoon it was raining and most of the snow had melted. I’m sure there will be no trace of it by the time you guys get here; however, it does tend to stay cool here through most of May, with an occasional hot spell, so bring a couple of summery-weather outfits but mostly long pants, and sweaters. (That is, prepare to dress in layers.)

• Dawn says:

Oh, and for the record, the last April Fools storm was in 1997, 14 years ago, and was a much bigger deal than this one.

I was a freshman in college the last time it snowed on April Fool’s…I remember it quite well, but saying it was 14 years ago and my freshman year of college would mean admitting this is my 10 year college reunion year….and I’m not quite ready to do that. It makes me feel super old. I appreciate the advice…but the post was meant to be tongue in cheek…perhaps a bit TOO tongue in cheek, perhaps?

We’d love to see F when we’re in town…she was super small the last time I saw her (as was E, comparatively!). Let Ravi know when/if you’re around

• Dawn says:

Ah yes – tounge-in-cheek. I missed it!

We’d love to see you guys too! (F is still small for her age, but she makes up for it with cuteness and energy.) We don’t have many specific plans, so whenever you guys are free (on a weekend or possibly a weeknight) should work for us. 🙂 If the weather’s nice we could do a playground date!

That would be great.

Weekends are tough…we’re out of town for 2 of the three. But we WERE thinking that our first weekend in (Easter/Passover weekend) we might do a Kimballs run…wanna revisit our childhoods with us?

• Dawn says:

Heh, sure, though I’m not sure there’s anything at Kimballs I can eat anymore. 😦 (I wonder if they have sorbet…) T and F would certainly enjoy it though, especially F if the animals are out!