We spent 3 weeks in the UK in 2009 during which Elanor turned 10 months old. We spent just over half of it based out of Edinburgh, where Ravi was attending a conference. We did a family trip to Glasgow. I surprised myself by finding the courage to rent a car (and a car seat) and to drive up to Loch Ness and Inverness (stopping at Loch Lomond and Culloden battle field) with just Ellie for company one day. It was my first time driving on the opposite side of the road (and yes, I kept getting into the passenger seat and wondering where the steering wheel was–if we ever were to get a car in Singapore, I’d have the same trouble at first). After a few weeks, when the conference had wrapped up, we took Ellie on her first trip to London (my second, Ravi’s lost track of how many times he’s been there trip). I made the following video to summarize our trip.
- My kids begged to get their tips dyed. They've worked hard all year, and we finally have the OK. My 10 year old wan… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- So much this. As a fat woman with an ED, it just reinforces the demons in my head. Y'all have no idea how happy I w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @RdotSpoon: One day. One day, we need to talk about eating disorders and fatphobia and how they are creeping their way through romance p… 1 day ago
- RT @TheStagmania: “Warren is surging in the polls! Time to attack, what do we have?” “Uhh … she … charged money for her legal services rat… 1 day ago
- RT @nkjemisin: I paid off my student loans after 10 years, but it took me getting a six-figure book deal to do it. Folks shouldn't have to… 2 days ago