We spent 3 weeks in the UK in 2009 during which Elanor turned 10 months old. We spent just over half of it based out of Edinburgh, where Ravi was attending a conference. We did a family trip to Glasgow. I surprised myself by finding the courage to rent a car (and a car seat) and to drive up to Loch Ness and Inverness (stopping at Loch Lomond and Culloden battle field) with just Ellie for company one day. It was my first time driving on the opposite side of the road (and yes, I kept getting into the passenger seat and wondering where the steering wheel was–if we ever were to get a car in Singapore, I’d have the same trouble at first). After a few weeks, when the conference had wrapped up, we took Ellie on her first trip to London (my second, Ravi’s lost track of how many times he’s been there trip). I made the following video to summarize our trip.
- RT @AprilDRyan: Sad day I am singled out as an enemy of the White House as this racial hate is going on just for asking real questions and… 1 day ago
- RT @OhNoSheTwitnt: "You should just ignore the Nazis and they'll go away." - dudes who lost their shit over an all-female screening of Wond… 2 days ago
- RT @WorldProfessor: Fifteen years ago, I taught a course on collective racial violence in the US. It is the only course I decided to never… 2 days ago
- Thread twitter.com/mahrohj/status… 2 days ago
- RT @MsPackyetti: I know this s hard to hear, but... White supremacy benefits all white people. Including the ones with no torches. That’… 2 days ago