We spent 3 weeks in the UK in 2009 during which Elanor turned 10 months old. We spent just over half of it based out of Edinburgh, where Ravi was attending a conference. We did a family trip to Glasgow. I surprised myself by finding the courage to rent a car (and a car seat) and to drive up to Loch Ness and Inverness (stopping at Loch Lomond and Culloden battle field) with just Ellie for company one day. It was my first time driving on the opposite side of the road (and yes, I kept getting into the passenger seat and wondering where the steering wheel was–if we ever were to get a car in Singapore, I’d have the same trouble at first). After a few weeks, when the conference had wrapped up, we took Ellie on her first trip to London (my second, Ravi’s lost track of how many times he’s been there trip). I made the following video to summarize our trip.
- I just started reading Bad for the Boss. @AlishaRai 's tweets about it took it to the top of my to-read pile. twitter.com/AlishaRai/stat… 3 hours ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop goodreads.com/review/show/22… 3 hours ago
- RT @JasonKander: The President said he was going to run America like his businesses. Apparently we have reached the part where he would usu… 1 day ago
- RT @SarahLerner: It’s not “mansplaining” when the woman is wrong, but you tried RNC. twitter.com/gdebenedetti/s… 1 day ago
- RT @DevonHandy: If you're a Democratic woman running for office, we'd love to interview you on @hellbentpod. Please contact us at hellbentp… 1 day ago