We spent 3 weeks in the UK in 2009 during which Elanor turned 10 months old. We spent just over half of it based out of Edinburgh, where Ravi was attending a conference. We did a family trip to Glasgow. I surprised myself by finding the courage to rent a car (and a car seat) and to drive up to Loch Ness and Inverness (stopping at Loch Lomond and Culloden battle field) with just Ellie for company one day. It was my first time driving on the opposite side of the road (and yes, I kept getting into the passenger seat and wondering where the steering wheel was–if we ever were to get a car in Singapore, I’d have the same trouble at first). After a few weeks, when the conference had wrapped up, we took Ellie on her first trip to London (my second, Ravi’s lost track of how many times he’s been there trip). I made the following video to summarize our trip.
- 🐰 's birthday and party are over. 🐢 is in 3 weeks, then I get 49 weeks of not hosting birthday parties. 3 days ago
- RT @JenAshleyWright: @SarahLerner It's just, if I wanted hear an old man who thinks we should compromise on abortion speak, I could hear my… 3 days ago
- RT @AngryBlackLady: I really like how the bad reaction to the Women’s March bad comms disaster yesterday has now become about “neoliberal f… 3 days ago
- RT @SunflowerSoul71: What a bullshit response from Tamika and Bland calling all of us racist if we do not AGREE with them on Sanders. htt… 3 days ago
- RT @hobbs_jan13: @bravenak Bernie K. Rowling wrote the enormously popular series, Harry Potter. #BernieWomensHistory 3 days ago