The Little Gym of Singapore

Ellie has been attending The Little Gym since she was a year old (at the advice of her physical therapist), and one of the first things we did after moving to Singapore was to connect with The Little Gym of Singapore.  Ellie has been attending classes there for the two years we’ve lived in Singapore, and I have nothing but great things to say about them.  Rhiannon began classes with them last week.

The Little Gym offers non-competitive gymnastics for kids 4 months of age through 12 years.  Kids are divided by age, and the curriculum builds upon itself.  In the baby classes, we do things like help them learn to pull into sitting from a prone position, as well as play games that help them develop awareness of their bodies.  Until age 3, a parent is present in the class with the kids, and after 3 it is a drop-off class.  At Elanor’s level (3-4 year olds), they’re doing forward rolls, baby cartwheels, walking on the beam, and more advanced skills.

I have never met a teacher there who is not wonderful with the kids, and if you have a very physical kid like Elanor, I would encourage you to check them out.

About a week and a half ago, Ellie’s class had their mid-year show.  Below are photos and video from that show.

preparing to do a forward roll

mid forward roll

flipping on the rings

Bar Routine

Beam Routine

Baby back handspring

Getting a high-five from Teacher Ritchie

This entry was posted in Pictures, Singapore, Video, With Kids. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Little Gym of Singapore

1. mamabook says:

Too funny. I am mid-way through writing a post about how much i love our gymnastics class. Same group! Great philosophy and teachers. And we just had our end of year show tonight.
    Michelle

2. notabilia says:

Thanks! I might check this out!

join our class!!! Tuesdays at 3, Marina Square!

• notabilia says:

We loved it! Are you and R still in the Tuesday class? Or will she be taking the more advance class now that she’s approaching 10M?

We are moving to a weekend class. Rhi is moving into Birds because she turns 10 months on Monday Aug 13th, and because Ravi will be taking her to class. My back can’t really handle the demands of the class 😦

3. yulingxpress says:

Came by from bookjunkie, and this is such a tiny world! My girl, Raeann ,was in the same Little Gym class as Ellie! We were all under Teacher Gerry. I remember being so absolutely impressed by E’s athletic, agile ways in the gym! Good to see you here again, and hope all’s well!! 🙂

Wow! Hello! I think I remember her, but it’s been a long time since I was able to attend class with E (the pregnancy did a number on me last year). Are you guys still at the Little Gym?

• yulingxpress says:

Hope you are recovering well!! We aren’t there anymore. Stopped 1.5 years ago as R is attending school and we didn’t want weekend classes. Am so happy E is continuing! She is a natural gymnast! 🙂

That makes a lot of sense. E is in afternoon pre-k, so we were able to fit a morning class into our schedule.

Thanks for the compliment. I don’t know where the talent comes from–Ravi and I are trip over our own feet clumsy!