Wordless Wednesday – Twelve Cupcakes

Twelve cupcakes is a relatively new yet delicious cupcake bakery in town.  Generally speaking, I find cupcakes and cakes here a disappointment, as Americans like a much sweeter cupcake than the local palate seems to enjoy.  But this is the real deal if you like the traditionally American style of cupcake.  Pictures were taken over a variety of visits.

United Square branch (basement level)

Ellie with a yellow cupcake, chocolate frosting and sprinkles

The chocolate peanut butter cupcake–aka my downfall (and just to be artsy, reflected in a mirror)

Chocolate with strawberry frosting

Chocolate with a cookies and cream frosting

Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting (and yes, it’s really good!)

This entry was posted in food/drink, Pictures, Places to Eat, Singapore, With Kids. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Wordless Wednesday – Twelve Cupcakes

If you recommended it, they must be really good. Now I wanna try them 🙂 Always on the lookout for authentic delights.

I have a small addiction to them. There are days when the cupcake is a “reward” for Ellie having a good day, when it’s really all about MY wanting one.

2. Robin says:

Wow! Thx for letting us all know about this place! I usually make my own desserts (I am attempting to blog about some of them), but that red velvet looks divine! I think I’m gonna have to try one or two or…. 😉

3. notabilia says:

Hmmmm, I find the cupcakes in Singapore much sweeter than the ones back home. Plain Vanilla Bakery (http://notabilia.wordpress.com/2012/05/22/on-the-crumb-trail-a-guest-post-by-kay-of-kayspace/) has great cupcakes IMHO too.

4. JMT says:

A new place that has opened, its called is Swirls Bake Shop http://www.swirls.com.sg … they keep talking about how they have brought American cupcakes to Singapore, and when I tried them I total agreed…they remind me of the Sprinkles, and the red velvet is delish

5. Nisheta Sachdev says:

Hey! I just saw this and because of the different tastes offered here, decided to start my own cupcake bakery. I’m American myself, so you probably know what my cupcakes might be like. I am willing to give you a sample if you would like to try some!