As we prep for our trip to the US, things have gotten a bit hectic and sadly Expat Bostonians got a bit neglected.
I’m going to bullet post some updates and thoughts that haven’t been able to quite find their way into blog posts. I apologize for it being a bit all over the place, as I’m extremely scatterbrained at the moment.
- We ended up not following through on some of the Diwali things I’d hoped to do. Jalebis were never made, and we didn’t get a chance to use the sparklers after several poorly times rainstorms kept interfering with our plans. However, I think we did a good job of starting some Diwali traditions. I’m looking forward to doing more next year. According to MOM is going to fall on November 3rd, which is Ellie’s 5th birthday. I just told Ellie and she jumped up and down with excitement.
- In the theme of stuff that just slipped through the cracks, yesterday was the American holiday of Thanksgiving. I’d hoped to do a party and invite all my homesick American pals and non-American friends (like I did last year) over to celebrate, especially considering how generous they’ve been in including us. But with travel happening so close, it wasn’t possible. I’m going to do an Xmas party spread, I think, but I’m a bit sad it didn’t work out. We’re going to do a small family thanksgiving tomorrow (which we’ve christened “fakesgiving”) but with maybe 1/4 of the food I consider appropriate.
- I’m working on my NaNoWriMo story–I’m about 13K into the story, which would be good if the current on track # weren’t 30K. Nonetheless, I’m going to do my best, and hopefully use some of our flight time to write and will do the best I can. I will report my final word count on Dec 1.
- I am packing for the trip. I’ve packed our wedding stuff, and the girls’ stuff. Ravi and I are a bit harder to pack, but luckily as we’re headed to the US, picking stuff up is super easy if we forget something.
- Ellie had her last ballet class on Wednesday