- RT @WestWingReport: .@sarahkendzior this day 2016 https://t.co/jEklADln9k 4 days ago
- RT @JohnJHarwood: what would protect South Dakotans from covid are vaccines 3 weeks ago
- RT @JurassicPark2go: We don’t have orcas here. That would be fucked up 4 weeks ago
- RT @JurassicPark2go: Yes we left some guests inside the park last night. yes we’re going back for them. Calm down 1 month ago
- I'm excited to share Comet's First Christmas' new cover, designed by @naqshgar18! Order or update your copy and yo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
Category Archives: Housing
Nope, just fogging for mosquitos/roaches/bugs.
The primary language used in Singapore is English. This does not, however, mean that people understand each other, even when they are both technically speaking English. To wit… Last week I bought a dishwasher. I asked the sales woman if … Continue reading
In Singapore, renting an apartment feels like home ownership light. Among other things, I was informed that I was expected to keep up air conditioner unit maintenance. Luckily my agent explained this to me, or I would never have thought … Continue reading
This is our microwave. devil spawn I have never been able to work it properly. It burns microwave popcorn, has setting that even with the aid of a manual I’ve never quite been able to figure out, and in my … Continue reading
Sorry for the occasional fuzzy/grainy images.
It was freakishly quiet when I woke. And too warm. Why wasn’t the air conditioning on? My sleepy brain tried to make sense of whatever it was that had woken me. Was the power off, or was the zombie apocalypse … Continue reading
I know my friends in Europe will fall over laughing and condescendingly pat me on the head, but I’ve always thought of Boston as a city that respects the old while building the new. After all, how many cities have … Continue reading
Wow…we have officially been here for six months. I started the blog as a way to keep in touch with friends back home. To my surprise and joy, some of my readers are locals or fellow expats who have no … Continue reading
Dear Singapore Contractors Can we talk? The way you do business makes Expats (at least this Expat) want to fling themselves out a window, or at the very least beat our heads against the walls. Based upon my experiences with … Continue reading